ARCSAR FINAL CONFERENCE – REYKJAVÍK SEPTEMBER 14th & 15th 2023
- September 14th & 15th 2023
Included in Conference
- Conference entrance
The ARCSAR Network addresses the Arctic and North-Atlantic (ANA) region, preparing to cope with the security and safety threats that will result from increased commercial activity in the region, including traffic through the northern passages, cruise traffic, and offshore oil and gas activity.
The conference is the final event of this five-year project. The main objectives and results will be highlighted with an opportunity for dissemination of knowledge and discussion.
The conference topics will reflect the main objectives of the project and offer lectures such as:
- Exercise Design, Collaboration and Complexity in the Arctic and North Atlantic Region
- From Idea to Action: A Talk With ARCSAR´s Founders
- Lessons Learned from Exercises and the way Forward
- An Overview of Arctic and North Atlantic Maritime Safety and Security Innovation Needs
- Oil Response in the Arctic and North Atlantic Region
- Innovation for Arctic and North Atlantic Search and Rescue
- Book Presentation: The ARCSAR Case Study Book
- Policy on Future Needs for Innovations and Knowledge
- Starting to define guidelines and framework for future education and training needs
- Policy and Standardization: Opportunities and Challenges
- Current Priorities and Research in Cold and Sea Survival
The ARCSAR final conference brings together industry, responders and academia in a unique Icelandic surroundings.
The meeting venue is Hilton Reykjavík Nordica. Reykjavik is the world’s northernmost capital and is surrounded by beautiful lava landscapes, mountains, waters and hot springs.
Please note that number of places is limited.
We look forward to seeing you in Iceland September 14th -15th 2023.
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica offer special price for ARCSAR participants. To receive the offer participants have to book at least 12 weeks before arrival.
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Booking link
Preliminary agenda (.pdf)